Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Summer Break..Here & Gone.........


Has been a while since I updated this, so today is the day... Time has flown by this summer. The kids will begin school next week and I will for the first fall in 14 years have the house to myself during the days... Decision to look for a part-time job to keep my availability for the kids & family has not been made yet and I have a few paperwork projects that need tending to before I feel comfortable working outside the house. The type of things that are going to take about 8-9 hours a day of devout dedication to accomplish in the right & legal manner. Having the days of quietness, uninterruption,etc are going to be perfect.... When all that is done & I see no need to remain unemployed as far as how mom is doing, etc...Then a job will look more appealing....

Since posting last a lot has been going on...I had a CT scan to rule out post-concussion headaches/stress/anxiety from an injury last year...Been going to Dr. appointments with my parent's....Paul.Meg & I went camping @ La Wis Wis for 5 days the end of June/first of July...Ben went to Clovis CA for a week of housing project(s) with the youth group & a week of traveling back/forth for that trip...He also went to camp in Turner Oregon for a week & then Meg went to Camp Touche the next week... Ben has been helping the men @ the church install in-ground sprinkler systems, mowing neighbor's lawns, etc in his spare time.. He has done more this summer than any other summer's past.....Gaining Godly insight through other men while learning skills & performing tasks that help him learn work ethics....Meg has got to go swimming with her cousin & also been able to do more this summer than any past.... Church activities have been keeping busy with music practices, adapting to new pastorship in the church & getting ready for a new expansion to take place soon...

Paul has learned that he has high B.P., so we have re-dedicated ourselves to being healthy like we had so many months ago..Well, I had, not him so much..But, now he really has no choice... I am being nice to him..Promise! WE have been taking nightly walks together..Sometimes with the kids and sometimes not...

I have been selling items on ebay to have mad money and bought him a new pair of walking shoes yesterday.(I want to start walking longer distance..hint hint).Other things that we have been able to do this summer with the money I am making is go camping, fix our truck, go to the dump with 3 loads of junk, buy Paul & the kids new glasses & pay some bills when needed... The Lord has given us what we need at the right times & His blessings are tremendously overwhelming @ times....Now, it's my turn to go to the eye Dr. in a couple days.....

I have been cleaning the house like a mad woman and things have been torn apart for 3 weeks..It is a good thing, as we are reclaiming our house after 14 years of childcare providing & setting things up in a manner that will make it fell more like home than ever before...This week is getting things back in order...The livingroom has been the catch all as things get moved to their appropriate place and even though that chaos has been taking place, we all know that in the end peace and contentment in simplicity will be reached....Like I have always said..Some things have to get worse before they get better and I THANK the Lord for the patient husband I have to allow me to make a mess like I have..He has his eye on the prize of knowing my unsettledness & dis-content of how my house has been will all be soon gone along with the temporary B.M. (My gpa's way of saying Bad Mood) occasionally that has come with my wanting this to be all done...Yard Sale signs are going to be made & tables will be full this weekend or next..... Haven't decided yet..I have a basement to sort through too and want only ONE Yard Sale to prepare for...

Can't really think of anything else to say other than I can feel & smell the autumn in the mornings, but that all goes away when the temps hit 85-90-95-100 degrees... This is my favorite time of year... I love the apples readying for harvest, hay being cut & bailed, late evening walks, getting ready for school & getting the feeling of a schedule of bedtimes,homework & such back in motion....I have had a wonderful summer in just being 100% "mom" to my children for the first time ever..It is one thing I don't regret about quitting my job.... I have been able to do more with them & allow them to go do more things as well without the time restraints of being mom to other people's children.... I miss the little kids, but I don't regret making the decision that I did.... Nothing other than being that 100% "mom" could give me the enjoyment I have received this last 3 months.....Without a gracious Heavenly Father I wouldn't have any of it....


May the Lord bless you as richly as I know He has blessed me, JERRI



No comments: